Yields: 4 half pints
Prepare canner and jars
*NOTE* – I make two bathes, so I just double the following ingredients to make about 8 half pints.
- 3 pounds Firm, fresh jalapeno peppers, washed and sliced into 1/4 inch slices ***WEAR GLOVES***
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 6 cups white granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring all ingredients except peppers to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer roughly 5 minutes. Add peppers and simmer exactly 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, ladle peppers into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Turn heat up on syrup and bring to a full, rolling boil. Boil hard for 6 minutes. Then ladle syrup into jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace again if necessary. Wipe rims down with a paper towel moistened with white vinegar or plain water. Center lids and tighten bands to fingertip resistance. Place jars in canner and process in boiling water for 10 minutes for half pints and 15 minutes for pints.
After processing remove lid from canner but leave jars in for another 5 minutes. Slowly remove jars to cool.