We love breakfast burritos for dinner on occasion, but I am always at a loss with the leftover rotel and velveeta mix. We eat all of the scrambled eggs and sausage and I do use the small block of
velveeta and only one small can of rotel, but it’s still just more than what we can use. So I went looking on the good old internet and found a GREAT way to use up that leftover cheesy goodness! And, this is so delicious, you could make IT the dinner and use the leftovers for the breakfast burritos! lol
- 1 small can or rotel original
- 1 small box of velveeta cheese
- chicken from one rotisserie (or equal amount of other cooked chicken)
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- spaghetti noodles
- diced fresh tomato and green onion
Get the spaghetti noodles cooking –
If you are using the leftover velveeta and rotel mix, dump into a pan and add the can of cream of mushroom soup and heat through. If it’s too thick for you, you can add a bit of milk to make it more of a sauce. If you aren’t using leftovers, then just stir and heat together the rotel (undrained), velveeta (cubed) and the cream of mushroom soup. Now add the chicken and heat everything up until it’s nice and hot. When the noodles are finished, serve everything as you would for traditional spaghetti. I served it with fresh diced tomatoes and chives. I made my own garlic butter spread using my home-butter and garlic powder mixed together and spread on to two halves of a loaf of french bread.
* tip: Every time I go to the grocery store, I check the deli for rotisserie chickens that have been marked down. The regular price is usually $5-6 and only $2.50-3 after they are marked down. I buy as many as I can and debone them and freeze the meat in quart baggies. It’s so easy to just thaw one or two when needed. I use them in SO many recipes.